Cranberries are a delicious superfood with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. The fermentation process provides beneficial probiotics with lots of good bacteria. It’s good for the digestion and boosts immunity. I love this and always make extra so that I can eat it for months. It’s great on yogurt, turkey wraps or just by itself. Kids love it too, so delicious!
Course: Side Dish
- Food Processor
- 3 Cups Cranberries (high pesticide risk, buy organic)
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Whey (recipe below if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Apple Cider
- 1/2 Cup Honey Local, raw
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Clove
- 2 Oranges (juice and pulp)
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Wash cranberries, remove soft berries and stems.
- Put all ingredients except raisins in a food processor, pulse a few times, leaving a bit chunky.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Put in a 1-quart mason jar with a lid. Leave at room temperature for 48 hours.
- Label with a 2-month expiration date and refrigerate.
To Make Whey;
- 32 oz Full Fat Plain Organic Yogurt
Line a large bowl with cheesecloth, add the yogurt, gather the ends of the cloth and secure with twine or a rubber band to a hook or cabinet. Let hang for about 12 hours or until dripping stops. Pour the liquid (whey) into a glass jar, label with a 6-month expiration date. Yields about 1 cup of whey. Eat the resulting cream cheese! Questions, comments, and shares are welcomed.