My aunt lived in Italy for several years and came back with many delicious recipes. My favorite was her Spaghetti Carbonara. It must have been everyone’s favorite because it has been a family gathering tradition ever since. I had not had it for many years due to my diet choices, but have now learned to make it fit into my lifestyle. And I might add that it is as good as I remember. We love it and it’s creamy and delicious! It fills that pasta urge without the grains and the carbs. My dear cousins, feel free to chime in.
Low Carb (Keto) Spaghetti Carbonara
Prep Time:15 mins|Cook Time: 15 mins|Total Time: 30 mins
Course: Main Dish
Author: Coach Nanette
- 32 oz Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles – spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles if preferred, can use gluten-free spaghetti for Paleo version
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper – optional, I add a bit of Cayenne to most everything
- 12 oz Bacon – nitrate/nitrite-free, pasture-raised if possible
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 5.4 oz can Coconut Cream – or heavy whipping cream if preferred
- 2 each Eggs
- 1/2-1 cup Parmesan Cheese – grated
- Fresh Parsley for garnish – optional
- Rinse and heat the Shirataki noodles until most of the moisture is released.
- Dice and cook bacon in a skillet until browned but not crispy, I prefer to use cast iron.
- While that is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and seasonings until thoroughly combined.
- Add garlic to the skillet and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir the noodles into the bacon mixture until heated through.
- Turn the heat off and slowly pour the egg mixture into the spaghetti, stirring continuously so that the eggs don’t scramble.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Top with Parmesan and parsley, serve with a salad or roasted vegetables.