The questions and comments I’m hearing are very telling. I think we all need one!! Myself included!
Some are feeling that progress is so, so slow. Some are struggling with the balance of health, kids, and work. Many are ready for warmer weather. Most are sick of the restrictions on our movement and freedom. Where the heck do we start?!
Getting healthier and stronger is a process. Not one and done. You are never ‘there’ or ‘done’. Sorry to break that to you. It’s a lifestyle.
A LIFESTYLE YOU WILL LOVE!
Belief + Action = Results
Belief – Yep, as always, we start with mindset.
- What’s your why? If your why isn’t big enough, progress will be slow. Is it to prevent disease, live long and healthy, be able to keep up with your grandchildren, look good naked, feel better? Know your why.
- Can you see it? Do you believe it? Present tense visualization is incredibly powerful. Practice seeing it every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to bed.
- Have 100% confidence in your success. If not, it’s gut-check time. The old Henry Ford quote says it all: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
- Pick 1 non-negotiable. Make sure it happens every single day. These are all great examples; eat whole food, track water intake, exercise or walk, go to bed 30 minutes earlier, meditate. Once you master this and it becomes a habit, add another.
- Focus on progress, not perfection. Progress can be very motivating. Rather than focusing on how far you have to go, look at how far you have come! Celebrate your small wins.
- Embrace fear. Fear is natural. Change is scary. Don’t avoid it. Full steam ahead.
- Reframe failure. Consider it “falling up” or feedback. Learn, adjust, and get back up.
- Measurements are much more accurate than the scale. Get your Measuring Guide here. Throw your scale away. “It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love.” ~Steve Maraboli
- Celebrate non-scale victories. Are your clothes fitting better? Do you feel better? Are friends commenting on your changes? Are you sleeping better? Are your blood-markers improving?
- How’s your energy? Your mood? I bet they are both improved.
- Is your immune system kicking butt? That was a big one for me. Colds and bugs are less frequent, much shorter in duration, and milder.
Ready to discuss strategies to boost your health? Book a Free Boost Your Energy Call